Congratulations Melissa Silverman & Peter Meier!
Where: Azul Beach Hotel, Riviera Maya, Mexico
When: April 28th, 2013
How Did We Meet?
Melissa and Peter were destined to be together – they just didn’t know it for a while. . . even though they lived just over a mile apart for more than two years. It was December 4th, 2010 – the day of Melissa’s former roommate Rachael’s birthday party. Peter and Rachael had met a few times, getting to know each other in Hawaii at Vern and Heathers wedding the year before. Peter was worn out as he had just returned from Hawaii once again, but with a little coaxing from Heather and Vern, he was on his way to celebrate Rachael’s birthday. It was quite a fiesta – fantastic food, great music, fun people – but something special was happening – this beautiful woman (Melissa) was laughing at Peter’s jokes. How could this be? He was sooo charming, but was he that charming? He waited for the right moment to make his move – but she was too popular – and she just wouldn’t come out of the kitchen. . . and all these other people – jeez, can they leave her alone and cut a guy some slack? Peter just had to get Mel’s number and make another date. . . He saw his window! Nonchalantly, but confidently, the request was made. . . and granted.
Unannounced to Melissa, her bling had already been hidden in Peter’s dresser for nearly two months – it was all we could do to keep the secret at Thanksgiving. . . but Peter wanted to propose on their one year anniversary of when they met. The entire evening would be a surprise, even though Mel had her suspicions (especially since Melissa reads Peter like an open book). The atmosphere was set – a romantic gondola ride through Newport Harbor amongst the resident’s holiday lights twinkling upon the water. But as the gondolier began to sing sweet Italian melodies, Melissa’s curiosity got the best of her.
“So what’s in the backpack?” she said.
“Champagne” he said,
“Do you want to have some?”
They were still too close to the dock, and the timing just wasn’t right to pop the question yet – but the bubbly was popped regardless, and the liquid courage sure went down well. As the time went on Peter kept trying to steer the conversation in the right direction. In the meanwhile Mel had been letting her guard down – after all, the champagne had already been opened and the gondola was already navigating back through the canal tunnels – she began to assume that it was just a romantic evening to celebrate their anniversary. But, when Peter got on his knee and fumbled to produce the ring from his pocket, the excitement was palpable for both of them. That beautiful woman, who had laughed at Peter’s jokes, said YES!!!
To Our Family and Friends:
We are so excited to have you celebrate our wedding with us on the Riviera Maya! We want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedules to be with us on our big day. We are looking forward to having a fantastic, fun-filled vacation for all of us. We understand if you can’t make it, but we certainly hope that you can!
– We will be staying at the Azul Beach Hotel from Thursday, April 25th through Friday, May 3rd.
-The resort is located 20 minutes south of the Cancun Airport.
-Our travel agent, Jennifer at VIP Vacations, has negotiated discounted group rates at the resort, so we recommend going through her for room reservations. Airport transfers are included with the room booking. She can also assist with booking airfare if you like.
-The deadline to make a deposit ($150 per adult) in order to reserve one of the blocked rooms in our group is January 15, 2013. Payment in full must be submitted by February 11, 2013.
– Please note: If you choose to reserve accommodations at any other hotel/resort/house, etc., Azul Beach Hotel will charge you $72 per person to acquire a wedding day pass.
– Because the cost is cheaper for more occupancy in a room, you can share a room with others. Please make sure to notify our travel agent who you will be sharing rooms with when making a deposit.
– A passport is necessary in order to get into Mexico. If you don’t have one, what a great reason to get one! Do it sooner rather than later to ensure you are ready to go! If you have a passport, please make sure it is up to date.
– Please note that the restaurants in the resort have a dress code at dinner time. The following is what they say that they recommend/allow:
– Recommended: Long pants, collared shirts, casual shoes
- – Permitted: Formal bermuda, dress sandals
- – Recommended: Dresses, skirts, long pants, shoes, capri pants, elegant sandals
With regards to our registry, your journey to Mexico is the best gift we could ask for. Should you wish to give us a gift, we are registered at Macy’s.
Please check back on our website for updates as the event gets closer!