First comes the wedding and then it’s time for the honeymoon. Even if you are having a destination wedding, there is still a good probability that you will honeymoon too! Here are my do’s and don’ts for honeymooners:
1. Formulate a budget.
2. Plan early.
3. Use a travel agent that can work with your budget and time-line.
4. Create a honeymoon registry for those splurge items you hope for but haven’t budgeted for.
5. Communicate with your fiancé about what you both envision for your honeymoon (it is your first experience as husband/wife where memories can be created that only the two of you will share).
1. Do not wait until the last minute in hope of finding a deal. Normally you will not find one and then you will end up with something that is far less than the dream honeymoon that you had hoped for.
2. Do not just pick a destination because you heard from friends that it was a good spot. Every person has a different style and taste so only when you work with a travel professional can you examine what location fits your wants/needs.
3. Don’t surprise your fiancé. (This should be a joint decision and if there is any surprise, it should based on what the other had always hoped for)
4. Don’t hope for HONEYMOON perks and upgrades. Gone are the days when honeymooners are automatically upgraded to first class or oceanview. It is best to reserve what you would be happy with rather than being disappointed in unfulfilled expectations.
5. Don’t buy insurance to protect you from bad weather. Often times, insurance doesn’t cover “acts of nature” and cancel for any reason insurance relies on you canceling up to 3 days prior —we all know that weather is unpredictable and a 3 day notice for a pricey insurance rarely makes the costs worthwhile.
To get in touch with a VIP Vacations Inc travel agent click here.
Do you need a “Super Agent“?