"We had a great time and couldn’t have been treated better"
I would like to thank you both for hard work and assistance in creating a wonderful trip for us. We had a great time and couldn’t have been treated better or asked for anything more than what we experienced at Secrets Maroma Beach. Here are a few details we thought would find interesting:
1. Weather – We had a couple of rainy days and a few additional days in which the weather was a bit unsettled. It did not detract from our trip and we still had plenty of sunshine to enjoy. In talking to some of the staff, they said the rainy season had gotten a little longer the last few years and had been impacting the November weather. Temps were in the low 80’s every day and nighttime temps were in the high 60’s. However, with the humidity, the nighttime temp was comfortable. We packed a few items of warmer clothing but never needed them.
2. Staff – The service and hospitality level of the staff at this resort was the finest we have ever experienced. They were friendly, most spoke very good English, and they sincerely wanted to make your visit memorable. This would be the biggest reason we would return to this resort.
3. Food – Best food of any of the resorts we have visited. We did not have a bad meal the entire trip. Only criticism was that the buffet was only open for breakfast and lunch, so dinner was always at one of the restaurants. Reservations were only needed for the Japanese Hibachi, but depending upon what time you ate, you might have a short wait to get in to the others (20-30min).
4. Beach was everything that you said it would be. We met couples from other resorts (Secrets Capri & El Dorado Royale) on the return trip to the airport, both stated they loved their resorts, but wish the beach had been nicer. We had no such complaint 🙂
5. Resort – Rooms were nicely appointed and comfortable. Room service was available 24hrs a day. We had an issue with the hot water the 2nd day, however upon reporting this, maintenance was at our room within 10 minutes and resolved the problem. Our room was a 4th floor ocean view with a straight unobstructed view of the ocean. We felt this room had the best view of any of the non-preferred club rooms and our building had the best location relative to the restaurants, theatre, and lobby. We were given an upgrade at check-in to provide us access to the Preferred Club which was great. Again, I am assuming that you had something to do with all of this, so our sincere thanks! :).
a. We met several people who had the swim-out rooms and the reviews were mixed. For those who had them where the sun shined on the water, they loved them. For those rooms that did not get much sun, they water was cold and they didn’t enjoy them.
6. Pools were wonderful. One is heated, the other is not. The heated pool was great for the morning and to enjoy the swim up bar. The non-heated infinity pool was beautiful and large. Many people used this to swim laps for exercise, the water was cooler, but not cold as people had reported on Trip Advisor. We found this to be a nice change for the hot afternoons. The ocean temp was wonderful and perfect for swimming.
Again, thank you for everything and we look forward to a return trip in the future. Attached are a couple of pictures of the four of us. One picture include a very nice couple we met while there.