Under a palm tree
John McLaughlin - So Close
Voted the “World’s Most Romantic Resort” year after year, Sandals Grande Antigua is located on Antigua’s best and most famous beach, Dickenson Bay. Explore the Caribbean Beachfront Village, a charming seaside garden oasis graced by meandering pathways, majestic palms and cooling Trade winds. Then step into a realm of chic sophistication where European grandeur unfolds from the hillside to villas-by-the-sea at the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Oceanview Village. Come relax on silky-soft, pure white sands and let the warmth of the Caribbean fill your senses. Create your own lover’s legend as you share the most romantic holiday of a lifetime. Two perfect worlds. One grand resort. All included.
At Sandals Grande Antigua, a global team of master chefs caters to your endless culinary cravings. From the fiery island dishes of Eleanor’s and the stir-fry drama of Kimonos, to the heart-warming Italian cuisine of Mario’s, Sandals Grande Antigua has a your food mood-of-the-moment covered. And with six varietals of Robert Mondavi Twin Oaks® wines, every meal is perfectly paired.
In the water or on dry land, at Sandals Grande Antigua there’s something for everyone. Because everything is included in your vacation-even PADI® Certified Scuba Diving in spectacular waters-you can do as much as you want to do. So go ahead: swim, sail, snorkel…or just relax by the pool.
The Sandals Grande Antigua is located only 20 minutes from the airport. This hotel was also voted “World’s Leading Honeymoon Resort” for 3 years in a row.
Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa is 2 resorts in 1. Guests staying here can experience the open landscape, grand piazzas as well as classical styling of the Mediterranean Village. In addition the contrast of the low-lying villas and diverse flora are in the Caribbean Grove section.
At all the 10 world-class restaurants, a global team of master chefs caters to your endless culinary cravings. From the fiery island dishes of Eleanor and the stir-fry theatrics of an Emperor’s Feast at Kimonos, to the heart-warming cuisine of Mario’s, passions of the palate are served to absolute perfection. Best of all, this resort is located on glorious Dickenson Bay.
At Sandals, we understand that your love story is unique and special… and your wedding should be, too. That’s why we’ve replaced wedding packages with wedding planners, making a very personal experience a personalized one for you. We’ve added all the extras to make your special day even more extraordinary. So tell us your dream, and we’ll bring it to life.
Sandals gives you endless ways to create your dream destination wedding. Let your imagination run wild with possibilities.
Whether you have four days to play or an entire week, you can mix and match your itinerary to make the most of the time you have with your loved ones.
Whatever you dream of for your special day, we can make it a reality. No matter how big, or how intimate, you want your wedding to be, our planners will work with you to make it come to life.
Choose from 15 Luxury Included® resorts on Jamaica, Saint Lucia, Antigua, the Bahamas, Grenada, and Barbados, and your wedding will be kissed by the intoxicating beauty of the Caribbean.
Every Sandals sits directly on a stunning beach on 6 of the most gorgeous islands in the Caribbean. Anything and everything is possible when you get married in paradise.
VIP’s 6 favorite non-beach wedding locations at Sandals and Beaches Resorts
Destination weddings in the Caribbean provide some of the most gorgeous backdrops! Sandals and Beaches Resorts realize that a beach ceremony is often sought after by wedding couples; however, they also understand that today’s bride wants some unique location options as well. Just because a bride is getting married in the Caribbean doesn’t always mean she wants to walk on the sand to tie the knot.
Sandals and Beaches Resorts have many different gazebos and their gardens are spectacular. Over the years, I have had the pleasure of assisting over 100 wedding couples exchange their vows at a Sandals or Beaches Resort. When I speak with my bride, I often ask her what she envisions for her wedding day. If she is picturing a non-beach location, I then show her photos from my previous “non-beach” brides to help guide her in selecting not only a wedding location but also in choosing a resort. Through this process, I have discovered which tend to be the most popular ceremony locations among my wedding couples.
Here are my 6 favorite Sandals/Beaches wedding locations that are not on the beach:
1. Sandals Emerald Bay’s reflecting pool and Gazebo. Emerald Bay’s gorgeous powder beach sits directly behind the Gazebo, which is at the edge of a long reflecting pool. This one-of-a-kind Sandals wedding location emanates a serene and romantic aura.
2. Sandals Negril’s beachside Gazebo. Providing shade from the sun and only two steps from the beach, Sandals Negril’s wooden Gazebo allows brides to still wear their heels, yet hear the calm Negril water lapping the shore just a few yards away.
3. Beaches Negril’s garden Roman Arched Gazebo. Elevated at the edge of where the beautiful gardens meet the sand, this arched gazebo encapsulates the essence of Jamaica’s tropical foliage and still provides ocean views for the most stunning photos.
4. Sandals Montego Bay’s Frank Warren Chapel. With the only church setting of all the Sandals/Beaches Resorts, this lovely chapel in the tropics can seat 80 guests. Once brides hear the sentimental story of Frank Warren’s widow who gifted this chapel in memory of her late husband, they often decide to follow the tradition of lighting a candle during the ceremony to honor eternal love.
5. Beaches Turks & Caicos deck at Schooners. Directly outside of Schooners restaurant sits a wooden decking area that offers pristine views of Grace Bay. The turquoise waters directly below the decking added with the tall greenery along the edges create an amazing Caribbean setting.
6. Sandals Antigua’s Mediterranean Gardens. Paradise wouldn’t be complete without colorful flowers and lush gardens. In a very intimate setting, Sandals Antigua’s gardens provide an enchanting wedding location. Brides can opt to add an arch or use the Roman Gazebo.
To get in touch with a VIP Vacations Inc travel agent click here.
My destination wedding was awesome. We had a great room. The service was amazing and everyone went above and beyond to make our trip wonderful. All of the wedding staff made it so relaxing and took care of everything and even through on some extras. I would recommend them to anyone and are already thinking about our 1 year anniversary trip. You guys were all amazing and truly made our day special and look forward to working with you in the future. Thank you so much our trip was more than I could have imagined. It was truly fabulous.
Erin Legath and Daniel Reinhard - Allentown, PA
Under a palm tree
John McLaughlin - So Close
Malibu Bay Breeze
Christina Aguilera - Fighter
Either hanging at home with my cats OR off exploring the world(ideally with a drink in hand)!
Blink 182 - Bored to Death