Under a palm tree
John McLaughlin - So Close
Deep within the idyllic waters of the Exumas, adults-only Sandals Emerald Bay brings unprecedented luxury to the easy-going rhythms of the Bahamian Out Islands. This luxury all-inclusive resort in the Bahamas is a privileged enclave, designed to ensure you’ll feel like you’re the only ones there, where service reigns supreme and Bahamian-style architecture of elegant villas and suites harmonize with nature. Secluded within 500 tropical acres along a pristine, mile-long beach, civilized pleasure coexists with exotic adventures, from three impressive pools — including a half-acre, zero-entry pool with a dramatic fire pit in the middle — to 11 exceptional restaurants and an award-winning golf course. Sandals all-inclusive resort in Exuma is the ultimate romantic getaway.
Sandals Emerald Bay is a 500-acre resort that is on a one-mile stretch of white sand beach. This all-inclusive resort provides 245 magnificently appointed rooms/suites. In addition, the luxurious accommodations contain beachfront villas and charming bay house settings.
At Sandals Emerald Bay, there is a stunning 18-hole professionally-designed championship golf course. Furthermore, Emerald bay has a 17-acre Marina with 150 slips. Moreover, the slips can accommodate yachts of up to 240 feet in length. The resort boasts five world-class restaurants, five bars serving unlimited premium-brand beverages, two pools including an infinity entrance pool and a Red Lane spa.
At Sandals, we understand that your love story is unique and special… and your wedding should be, too. That’s why we’ve replaced wedding packages with wedding planners, making a very personal experience a personalized one for you. We’ve added all the extras to make your special day even more extraordinary. So tell us your dream, and we’ll bring it to life.
Sandals gives you endless ways to create your dream destination wedding. Let your imagination run wild with possibilities.
Whether you have four days to play or an entire week, you can mix and match your itinerary to make the most of the time you have with your loved ones.
Whatever you dream of for your special day, we can make it a reality. No matter how big, or how intimate, you want your wedding to be, our planners will work with you to make it come to life.
Choose from 15 Luxury Included® resorts on Jamaica, Saint Lucia, Antigua, the Bahamas, Grenada, and Barbados, and your wedding will be kissed by the intoxicating beauty of the Caribbean.
Every Sandals sits directly on a stunning beach on 6 of the most gorgeous islands in the Caribbean. Anything and everything is possible when you get married in paradise.
VIP’s 6 favorite non-beach wedding locations at Sandals and Beaches Resorts
Destination weddings in the Caribbean provide some of the most gorgeous backdrops! Sandals and Beaches Resorts realize that a beach ceremony is often sought after by wedding couples; however, they also understand that today’s bride wants some unique location options as well. Just because a bride is getting married in the Caribbean doesn’t always mean she wants to walk on the sand to tie the knot.
Sandals and Beaches Resorts have many different gazebos and their gardens are spectacular. Over the years, I have had the pleasure of assisting over 100 wedding couples exchange their vows at a Sandals or Beaches Resort. When I speak with my bride, I often ask her what she envisions for her wedding day. If she is picturing a non-beach location, I then show her photos from my previous “non-beach” brides to help guide her in selecting not only a wedding location but also in choosing a resort. Through this process, I have discovered which tend to be the most popular ceremony locations among my wedding couples.
Here are my 6 favorite Sandals/Beaches wedding locations that are not on the beach:
1. Sandals Emerald Bay’s reflecting pool and Gazebo. Emerald Bay’s gorgeous powder beach sits directly behind the Gazebo, which is at the edge of a long reflecting pool. This one-of-a-kind Sandals wedding location emanates a serene and romantic aura.
2. Sandals Negril’s beachside Gazebo. Providing shade from the sun and only two steps from the beach, Sandals Negril’s wooden Gazebo allows brides to still wear their heels, yet hear the calm Negril water lapping the shore just a few yards away.
3. Beaches Negril’s garden Roman Arched Gazebo. Elevated at the edge of where the beautiful gardens meet the sand, this arched gazebo encapsulates the essence of Jamaica’s tropical foliage and still provides ocean views for the most stunning photos.
4. Sandals Montego Bay’s Frank Warren Chapel. With the only church setting of all the Sandals/Beaches Resorts, this lovely chapel in the tropics can seat 80 guests. Once brides hear the sentimental story of Frank Warren’s widow who gifted this chapel in memory of her late husband, they often decide to follow the tradition of lighting a candle during the ceremony to honor eternal love.
5. Beaches Turks & Caicos deck at Schooners. Directly outside of Schooners restaurant sits a wooden decking area that offers pristine views of Grace Bay. The turquoise waters directly below the decking added with the tall greenery along the edges create an amazing Caribbean setting.
6. Sandals Antigua’s Mediterranean Gardens. Paradise wouldn’t be complete without colorful flowers and lush gardens. In a very intimate setting, Sandals Antigua’s gardens provide an enchanting wedding location. Brides can opt to add an arch or use the Roman Gazebo.
To get in touch with a VIP Vacations Inc travel agent click here.
VIP Vacations helped plan my wedding in November 2012. They made the process so easy! They guided me through each step, made invaluable suggestions and handled each detail. They kept me updated on who had booked their rooms for my wedding so that I had an accurate count. They went above and beyond to find appropriate transportation for my handicapped father at the resort. I would recommend them to any bride planning a destination wedding. They kept the process stress-free and easy. And, the wedding was perfect! Just what we wanted!
Stacey and Robert Newton - Charleston, South Carolina
Under a palm tree
John McLaughlin - So Close
Malibu Bay Breeze
Christina Aguilera - Fighter
Either hanging at home with my cats OR off exploring the world(ideally with a drink in hand)!
Blink 182 - Bored to Death